Paragon style Alleppey Chicken Curry is a mild, rich and super-yummy chicken curry with a coconut and cashew sauce. It goes best with appam, kallappam, ghee rice / pulao.
Recipe Courtesy – Adapted from Shocks and Shoes ( shocksandshoes.blogspot.com/2013/12/recipe-for-week-paragon-style-chicken.html)
Yummy O Yummy blog link - yummyoyummy.com/2017/12/paragon-style-alleppey-chicken-curry.html
Ingredients (Serves 5)
Recipe Courtesy – Adapted from Shocks and Shoes
1. Chicken – 1 kg, cut into medium pieces
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – As required
2. Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
3. Dried red chilies – 2 – 3, halved
4. Onion – 1 large, thinly sliced and halved
5. Ginger – 1.5 tbsp, finely chopped
Garlic – 1.5 tbsp, finely chopped
Curry leaves – 1 – 2 sprigs
6. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
7. Whole black pepper corns – 2 tsp, crushed
Cinnamon stick – 2 half inch pieces, crushed slightly
8. Cashew nuts – 20, soaked and ground to a very fine paste
9. Thin coconut milk – 1 cup
10. Thick coconut milk – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
11. Garam masala powder – 1 pinch (Optional)
12. Salt – To taste
Marinate chicken pieces with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and salt. Set aside for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
Heat coconut oil in a pan / kadai and fry dried red chilies for a few seconds.
Add onion, few curry leaves, little salt and cook till it turns golden.
Add in the ginger, garlic and a few more curry leaves. Sauté till their raw smell disappears, about 2 minutes.
Add in the turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook for a few minutes over low heat until their raw smell is completely gone. Add crushed pepper, cinnamon stick and cook for a minute.
Add the chicken pieces into it and stir well to coat the spices onto the chicken. Cover and cook on low flame, stirring in between for 5 minutes.
Pour in the thin coconut milk and cook till the chicken is completely done. It may take 25 – 30 minutes.
Open the lid and add in the cashew paste. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Add the thick coconut milk and mix well. Taste-check for salt. Add 1 tsp coconut oil, a few curry leaves and a pinch of garam masala powder, if using. Take off the heat. Serve after 20 minutes. Paragon style chicken curry is ready to serve. It goes well with chapathis, appam, idiyappam, ghee rice, pulao etc.
- പാരഗൺ സ്റ്റൈൽ ആലപ്പി ചിക്കൻ കറി | Paragon Style Alleppey Chicken Curry ( Read More)
- 25 Chicken Recipes ( Read More)
- മലബാർ ചിക്കൻ ധം ബിരിയാണി | Malabar Chicken Dum Biriyani - Kacchi Style ( Read More)
- Chicken Coconut Ularthiyathu / Chicken Coconut Roast ( Read More)
- Tasty's Favorite Chicken Recipes! • Tasty Recipes ( Read More)
- SESAME CHICKEN | HONEY SESAME CHICKEN | HOW TO MAKE SESAME CHICKEN ( Read More)
- മാഞ്ഞാലി സ്പെഷ്യൽ ചിക്കൻ ബിരിയാണി | Manjali Special Chicken Biriyani ( Read More)
- Lemon garlic chicken ! Cook this Easy and Tasty chicken recipe at home for dinner that everyone love ( Read More)
- The 5 Best Fried Chicken Recipes ( Read More)
- 7 Mouthwatering Spicy Chicken Recipes • Tasty ( Read More)
- Yummy.ph's BEST RECIPES: Chicken Recipes | Yummy PH ( Read More)
- Chicken Fry #chickenfry #maya_yummyoyummy ( Read More)
- Ambur Chicken Biryani (Recipe in comments) #amburbiryani #chickenbiryani #maya_yummyoyummy ( Read More)
- സാധാരണ ചിക്കൻ കറിയിൽ നിന്ന് ഒരു ചേഞ്ച് വേണ്ടേ | ധാബ സ്റ്റൈൽ ചിക്കൻ കറി | Dhaba Style Chicken Curry ( Read More)
- Simple & Tasty Pepper Chicken Gravy/ Spicy Pepper Chicken Curry/ Chicken Masala Curry ( Read More)
- Special Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe ( Read More)
- Chicken Recipe By ijaz Ansari | Yummy And Tasty Chicken Recipe | ( Read More)
- কাগজি চিকেন কারি || RESTAURANT STYLE CHICKEN GRAVY | CHICKEN GRAVY RECIPE | CHICKEN RECIPE#Food_Club ( Read More)
- #biryani #chickenbiryani #shorts #cookforubydeb #kolkatabiryani #viralshorts #trending #alubiryani ( Read More)