Grilled Kalamari | Grilled squid
Calamari is very common in restaurants, but it is often prepared with a fryer so it is breaded and crispy. In Greece Kalamari is typically grilled. It still tastes incredible, and it makes the whole dish lighter and healthier. This is how we served it at our Greek restaurant and how I serve it at home for my family. I know at first it may seem intimidating, but I promise it is much easier than you think.
The best way to cook Calamari is not to fried it . The best way is to Grill it 👍
grilled calamari is the prefferred way to cook it if you like awesome taste and healthy at the same time.
Kalamari is a very popular seafood that is served all over Greece. It is either fried or grilled and it is always served with fresh lemon, never marinara. Grilling kalamari seems intimidating but is actually quite simple. Serve it with lots of fresh lemon wedges and a drizzle of ladolemono sauce and it’s a wonderful appetizer for your family and friends.
Serves 4 - 6
2 lbs fresh squid cleaned
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Lemon wedges for serving
¾ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Place your squid in a mixing bowl. Whisk the salt, pepper, paprika and olive oil together in a small bowl and pour over the squid, turning the squid over so it is completely coated.
Cover the bowl and allow the squid to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Remove the squid from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you want to cook it.
Bring a charcoal grill or gas grill to high heat.
Use tongs to place the kalamari on the grill and cook about 4-6 minutes per side, until completely cooked through. Remove the kalamari to a cutting board.
Cut the kalamari into rings about ½-inch wide to place on a serving platter.
Make the ladolemono sauce by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano, drizzle it over the freshly grilled calamari and serve with fresh lemon wedges.
- Grilled Calamari the same way as they do it in Greece | Grilled Squid ( Read More)
- Pan Grilled Calamari - Healthy Recipe for Grilled Squid ( Read More)
- How to Make Healthy Calamari : Healthy & Delicious Meals ( Read More)
- GRILLED CALAMARI ITALIAN STYLE ( Read More)
- The ONLY Grilled Calamari recipe you need to know #Shorts ( Read More)
- Grilled Calamari Recipe - Italian style - How to clean Calamari and grill calamari. ( Read More)
- How to Make Grilled Calamari - Italian Style by Laura Vitale Episode 50 'Laura in the Kitchen' ( Read More)
- Quick Simple Grilled Calamari Appetizer - Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn ( Read More)
- Grilled Calamari Salad with Tomato Coulis Recipe - Lidia’s Kitchen Series ( Read More)
- Quick grilled yummy calamari in just seconds ( Read More)
- Squids Butter Garlic | Calamari Butter Garlic | Seafood Recipe ( Read More)
- The Secret To Cooking A Perfect Calamari Steak! ( Read More)
- Katherine Wants: Grilled Calamari ( Read More)
- HOW TO : BBQ SQUID | EASY RECIPE PAUL BREHENY | THE HOOK AND THE COOK ( Read More)
- Amazing Boy Cook Grilled Squid Recipes - Pan Grilled Calamari - Healthy Recipe For Grilled Squid ( Read More)
- HEALTHY GRILLED CALAMARI SALAD ( Read More)
- GOLD PACKAGE (Recipe Video) - How to Grill Calamari the Smart Guide Way ( Read More)
- Grilled Squid with Mediterranean Sauce - Easy light summer recipe ( Read More)
- How to make Korean-Style Grilled Squid ( Read More)