The St. Francis Weight Management Program offers tasty recipes for summer barbecues. To learn more about our medically supervised weight management options, call (516) 563-7940. To see each recipe used in this video, scroll down.
GRILLED FRUIT & VEGGIE KABOBS
For the kabobs:
• 2 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices
• 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/4 inch slices
• 1/2 medium red onion, diced in 1/2 pieces
• 1 medium red bell pepper, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
• 1 cup sliced fresh pineapple, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes
• 8 wooden skewers
For the marinade:
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1 clove garlic, minced fine
• 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat grill to low, 325°-350°.
2. Assemble kabobs, alternating different vegetables and pineapple on wooden skewers.
3. Combine all ingredients for marinade in medium bowl and mix well.
4. Brush marinade onto fruit and veggie kabobs.
5. Line grill with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.
6. Place kabobs on grill on aluminum foil and grill for 10–15 minutes, or until veggies are desired doneness.
7. Transfer kabobs to plate to cool before serving.
Nutrition Information per Kabob: 90 calories, 40 mg sodium, 1 gram saturated fat
CHILI-LIME CHICKEN KABOBS
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• cayenne pepper to taste
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
• 1 red onion
• 1 red pepper
• 1 green pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
2. Place the chicken, onion and peppers in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat.
3. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
5. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.
6. Lightly oil the grill grate.
7. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 250 calories; 24 g protein; 64 mg sodium
- Heart Healthy BBQ ( Read More)
- Top 14 Healthy Summer Grilling Recipes | Recipe Compilations | Allrecipes.com ( Read More)
- The Best Grilled Vegetables EVER! | SAM THE COOKING GUY 4K ( Read More)
- Heart Healthy Grilling ( Read More)
- Healthy Bodybuilding Grilling Guide | The Best Foods & Practices! ( Read More)
- Grilled Meat Causes CANCER (Watch before you grill again) 2022 ( Read More)
- How to Grill Meat the Healthy Way: Thomas DeLauer ( Read More)
- Cooking for Wellness at NYU Langone: Heart-Healthy Grilling ( Read More)
- BEEF HEART LOW & SLOW - english BBQ-Video - 0815BBQ ( Read More)
- The Heart Attack Grill: Restaurant Promotes Harmfully Unhealthy Food | Nightline | ABC News ( Read More)
- I lost 50lbs on a BBQ diet. Keto friendly BBQ meal ideas for your new years grill resolutions diet ( Read More)
- Heart Healthy Grilled Veggie Skewers | Vegetarian Seekh Kababs ( Read More)
- Healthy Food,Heart Healthy Meals On The Grill ( Read More)
- Delicious Veggies on the Grill! |Quick & Easy |Vegan | Heart Healthy Meals ( Read More)
- Beef Heart BBQ healthy food - Beef heart tika - Virginia Food Tour ( Read More)
- Heart Attack Grill With Hungry Fat Chick • MUKBANG ( Read More)
- Is Grilled Food Bad for You ( Read More)
- Heart Healthy Tandoori Chicken on Grill Stove ( Read More)
- Heart Attack Grill • 20,000 Calorie Burger • MUKBANG ( Read More)